Friday, September 4, 2020

Hostage

    The same guest I've mentioned before tried to invite himself over twice in the same day.  Once it was because something he'd received something in the mail (no explanation why that mattered though).  Once it was because of a relationship that was ended.

   The first attempt was declined  We all get items in the mail.  They don't grant the recipient self-invitation powers.

   The second attempt had potential to be genuine but this was a person who keeps telling me I'm Transactional.  It didn't help that an indirect price tag seemed to be attached.  What sold me on his attempt was what sounded like a voice appealing to the part of me that usually wants to help when I can.

   I didn't read the post Guest but I thought about it and replied back.

   What I'd like to do is explain to this person that mood and emotion aren't tools or weapons.  They really shouldn't be used to manipulate and intimidate to personal benefit.

   But it bothers me more when the apartment becomes his and I'm held hostage.

   Here's how it works:

  • A guest takes over a space (it may be an offered space).
  • The resident is made unwelcome anywhere near the space.
  • The size of the unwelcome space is increased until it covers the entire apartment.
  • Any question about the situation is:
    • Ignored.
    • Met with a raised voice (words aren't important and they don't need to make sense).
    • Escalated to a shouting voice (words aren't important, put the resident on the defensive).
    • Met with aggressive posturing or body language.
  • If the guess senses you've decided on a way to remove him:
    • Escalates to physical voice.
    • Starts making threats.
   So now what do I do?  It would help to know what they were up to.  It's not likely that's going to happen though.

   Luckily, this is a person with a name so there should be a few options.

   None of them are pleasant.

   I'll let you know when I find a solution that works without calling 911 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...