Monday, September 7, 2020

Presence

    For at least the past 3 years I’ve had bizarre image keep popping up in my head.  It started when I woke up in the morning in my last apartment.  What was the image of?

   An exact copy of me.

   Standing nose to nose.

   Standing toe to toe.

   Staring myself in the eyes.

   You’re probably wondering why someone would have a mental image like that.  You might even wonder if it had any meaning.

   I’ve been wondering both of those things since the day it started.  The problem is I’m very slow to become aware.  Extremely slow.

   So slow you might say “I’m aware that I’m slow to become aware”.

   So what happened?

   I can’t prove this.  At least not yet.

   But I think something subliminal along these lines was directed at me:

  • “Keep an eye on him”
  • “Let [him/her/person’s name] know we’re keeping an eye on him”
  • “Let him feel like he’s always being watched”
  • “Let him feel like a thousand eyes are always on him”
  • “That’s too many... if he feels like it’s... he might go to the police”
  • “They might believe him”
  • “They’ll never believe him”

   Now that I have your full attention (Paul Harvey was much better at this than me but I wish his voice was narrating) you might want re-read the list.

   Because i heard all those things.

   I can remember each one.

   I don’t think I was supposed to remember them.

   But I wasn’t supposed to have consciously heard them in the first place.

   And not to change the subject...  But when someone tells you they’re “taking out the trash” then calls you “bro”...

   You might want to listen to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...