Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Rolling

 About the blog

   If someone has asked me this morning if I thought one particular apartment complex held other surprises my answer would have  been "no".  The effects described in the post Standing still occur there. What else would one complex need?

   The answer to that question appears to be timing.

   And it that's true it implies the taunts, threats, and sometimes arrogant voices telling "how it's going to go down" or suggesting "why don't you go outside and talk to us" may be as close as a few buildings away.

   Good timing requires good visibility, and this one had to have taken some planning.

   Just as it was getting dark I was walking back to my apartment as a woman walking her dog were going the other direction.  Just before we passed each other my stomach felt like it went into free-fall for a fraction of a second.  The ground beneath our feet didn't actually lift us like a wave rolling along.  But I felt nauseous for a moment all the same.  That was punctuated by a very angry bark from the dog who knew for sure whatever just invisibly rolled by was my fault.

   I got the feeling if it had happened as someone was walking by the dog park...  guilt by proximity would have been assigned en masse.

   Here's hoping that whoever's pushing the button realizes that harassing both people and pets for the sole purpose of covering their own behinds is taking things in the wrong direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...