Monday, March 8, 2021

Standing [nearly]

About the blog

[UPDATE: A few minutes ago was outside my apartment building an encountered the same effect of muscle movement requiring slightly more effort than usual.  It's being caused by a Nearly Standing wave being induced in the local power lines.  That can actually be done using a cell phone if the right app is installed (would drain the battery much quicker though).  The technical term for a wave of this type is an Oscillating Wave though it's a relatively slow.  The sensation of individual hairs moving across exposed limbs seems to indicate that.  Would guess the movement is well under 1 meter per second.  Have update this post with the correct specs.  Originally published on 10-19-2020 at 01:37 PM]

[NOTE: This post was originally published on 8/22/2020 at 9:31 PM.  At the time I didn't explicitly state other details needed if this ever was turned into something a patent application. Updating it now.  The post was updated and republished on 9/21/2020 at 10:54 AM]

[EDIT: 10/19/2020 1:30 PM - Realized my information was incomplete.  There were 90 degree angles where power lines crossed over each other where I've noticed the effect outside. Other times it occurred indoors or a covered area so can't be sure where electricity was being carried.  The need to turn the wave to match a person's physical size may not matter either.]

   Something odd turns on around my apartment complex at night.  What is it?  I'm not really sure.  I don't have an engineering degree or know enough about electricity, RF, or magnetism to describe it.

   What are the effects I notice?

   Muscle movement requires a little bit more effort when standing or walking around the complex.

   It's not much though.  It's barely noticeable.

   People exercise all the time here or walk their dogs.  They get in and out of the cars.  No one stops and seems to be aware when I'm noticing it.  It's strange, I'll admit that.

   Earlier tonight I was walking with my cellphone in my pocket when the effect became more than just barely noticeable.

   I was stuck in something I couldn't see but weighed me down like I'd doubled in weight.

   Not a single other person was visible for me to confirm it with.

   Recently I read about how antennas can generate standing waves.  Nothing unusual about that.  But what if you were at the intersection of  multiple slowly oscillating waves 2 standing waves oriented a certain way 3 standing waves that represented all that were oriented to cover 3 dimensions of space?

   I don't know much about engineering and antennas... so there's a good chance I got the standing part right but wrong.  Go figure...  That turned out to be true.  It's wave that's nearly standing but not stopped.  It's an oscillating wave.  Whether it's a standing wave or not it needs to be tuned to the dimensions of what's intended to be confined and contained.  So for a person standing upright it should be tuned relative to their individual height.  So with a cell phone in a person's pocket with the antenna oriented to the Y axis and 2 power lines at 90 degrees above for the X and Z axis...  It's not a force field or an invisible spider web but might seem like it. 

   The non-obvious part of how this could work is using a person's own cellphone to provide an additional source of RF for the interaction.

   What can a cellphone antenna do besides connect you to the closest tower?

   Not much unless it's Unboxed into an analog mode that doesn't need to exist.

   I may need to start bringing the cookie tin with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...