Saturday, September 12, 2020

Light Bulbs

   Did you know it's possible to convince most light bulbs to seriously up their game?

  • By "convince" I mean multiple ways (one is using a magnetic field to affect the ballast).
  • By "most" I mean non-incandescent (bulbs with some form of ballast).
  • By "up their game" I mean turn them into emitters of RF and/or ultrasound.
   Kind of cool.

   Except not that many people need to peek into the next room or floor like walls didn't exist.  When it's your own home a few steps are enough to reach someone.  Even a shout can get someone's attention.  So where is this technology ending up?

   One place is public areas.

   Another is office buildings.  The company I work for has those.

   How do I know the technology can be found there?

   It goes back to the Aquarium.

   Those behind the scenes effects I mentioned?  We have them in certain hallways at my work.  And I have a feeling they've been tested while people are walking through...  hopefully not just to see what happens.

   The same effects occur in my apartment on a regular basic.

   You might be wondering how I know that.

   It started last year when I work up in my bedroom around 4:30 am and initially had trouble moving.  It's not the easiest thing to describe but there were waves of pressure pushing down on me that made the hairs move on my arms and legs.  Once I stood up the worst nausea I've ever had put every flu or spoiled food to shame.

   I had no equilibrium and no coordination. What I did have was a feeling of panic that was involuntarily taking me out of the apartment.  I staggered from wall to wall.  Passed out trying to unlock my front door. Took three steps out of the apartment and all those symptoms were gone.  I don't think I even fully woke up then because 10 or 15 minutes later I actually woke up.  When that happened I was walking and staring down at my bare feet.

   That's when the conscious part of my mind kicked back in.

   There's not many things we can't see or hear that can do all that.  So I bought an ultrasonic receiver to try ruling out one possible cause.  While checking each room in my apartment I aimed it towards a light fixture and got an earful.

   Several times a day (since working from home became mandatory) I've felt a prickly staticky feeling move across my back and arms.  At this point I'm not sure if it's RF or ultrasound.

   I'd prefer it were neither.

   Light bulbs don't do that kind of thing on their own.



The people I know with answers won't give them when asked.  So I have a few Questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...