Saturday, September 12, 2020

Agreement

 The people I know with answers won't give them when asked.  So I have a few Questions.

   There are quite a few vices in the world.  My definition of a vice is anything not necessary and which doesn't contribute to our well being (that's a generalization).

   Take cigarettes for example.

   Have you ever heard someone talk about their smoking habit?

   It may have sounded something like:

  • "I know I should quit."
  • "I really need to quit."
  • "It's affecting my health."
   Did you know immediately they weren't serious about stopping?

   Why would we think that when they seemed to have the right attitude towards it?

   It's very simple.   And we're all aware of the answer on some level.

   When the conscious and unconscious parts of our mind are in agreement we can affect any change we need.  And not just those we need -  but those we want.

   When the opposite is true we can say all the right things but it makes no difference.

   The problem is we aren't being honest with ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...