Friday, September 25, 2020

Keys

   I've had an occasional visitor to my current apartment.  They aren't imaginary either.  Imaginary visitors don't leave with anything (also known as stealing).  What confuses me most is how it was happening after I had my locks changed.

   I was given 2 keys and told the office had the only other key.

   But that didn't seem to prevent someone from entering.

   I lost one set of my keys earlier this year making unauthorized entry a possibility.

   But it was already happening.

   Today (9/25/2020) I stopped by the office to ask about access to their keys.  I wasn't concerned about the office though.  In the past I knew someone who tried to Bluff the office into giving them a key to my apartment.  That person was stopped cold when the office called me to verify.

   So I know from experience they're doing their job.

   What concerns me now is the level of security I was told protects their keys.

   It's not that I was told too little.

   The concern is I was told too much.

   I'm not talking about information though.  I was told the computer system used by the office would show if someone accessed the keys that shouldn't have.

   That sounded great at first but I asked for clarification...  Did that mean a door to the keys was controlled by the computer system?  Did it mean that unless someone entered information that could show who it was the door would not unlock?

   The answer to both questions was yes.

   Now my problem is the office security at my apartment complex rivals that of bank vaults.

   It seems like a little too much.



The people I know with answers won't give them when asked.  So I have a few Questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...