Thursday, September 17, 2020

Codes

   I recently lost another Android phone.  Not that they're any better behaved than an iPhone but I've never lost the one I've owned.  When an important thing gets lost it can usually be replaced with a shiny new thing (except for antiques - they're shine has nothing to do with being young).  But replacing Cell Phones carries some baggage due to the phone number.

   When I drive home to visit my family there's an area I pass through with little or no cellphone coverage.  When I exited that area I started noticing bounce back text messages.

   Except I hadn't sent any texts...  not even recently.

   My phone was (apparently on it's own) entering control codes to block other people's phone numbers.  At least that's what the bounce back text messages implied.

   You might be wondering if anything was actually blocked.

   The answer is yes.

   I know of one specific number that ended up blocked on my cellphone.

   And if I'd written the person off (like I was very inclined to do at the time) I'd never know about it.

   Here's the frustrating part...

   I called Sprint 3 separate times to ask how the number was blocked FROM MY PHONE when I hadn't blocked it.

   You might be wondering what I was told every time.

   It was "there's nothing on your account that shows a number's blocked."

   I don't know if you're wondering if Sprint lied to me.

   I don't think they did.

   I'm pretty sure each employee I talked to was as confused as I was.

   You know what's more frustrating?

   That 2 days after my last call to Sprint...  the number was suddenly unblocked.

   How did the phone know I kept trying



The people I know with answers won't give them when asked.  So I have a few Questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...