Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Encouragement

    You'd think this would be a positive post.  But you have it backwards.  This is about the worst kind of encouragement to throw out there.

   If you read through any of my earlier posts (and didn't stop) I was grasping all over the place to explain what seemed to be happening to me.  Occam's razor be damned.  It never seemed to help.

   Whenever there are people involved, Occam's razor is potentially worthless.

   Why?

   Sharp guys and gals can intentionally create a situation where applying Occam's razor returns the wrong result.  Any given situation can be made to seem backwards.

   That brings us back to the post about my previous vehicle.  Something seemed to be reflecting on the LCD system display that caused my muscles (and eventually my throat and vocal cords) to tense up.  That seemed to exagerate the link we all have between thought and vocalization/subvocalization.

   It's a nice way of saying each thought I had tried to escape through my vocal cords.

   I'm pretty sure the device at the beginning of this is my cellphone.

   Turns out it's also the device at the end of it.

   Whenever I started to feel the tensing up - whether at work, at home, or in my car - I always had a cellphone with me.  But there's one detail about it that indicates more at work.

    The conditioned version of schizophrenia was already started by the time my muscles were tensing.  Voices would go on about one topic or another,. My awareness would get pulled into it unless something distracted me.  Then poof.

   Right at the point for me to respond either vocally or subvocally to what I was hearing the muscle tension vanished.  The cellphone quit what it was generating to cause it.

   What do I interpret that as?

   Our cellphones can't both induce us to talk on command and listen to us at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...