Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Invisible

My employment at a nation wide business with an office is St. Louis is up in the air.  I'm depending on their HR department to make sure I'm treated fairly in this - I may or may not be holding my breath.

It's not that the employees don't believe in fairness or that our work should be evaluated accurately or in full...

The problem is with management.

There's at least 3 problems:

  • If a manager decides their perception of something is reality they no longer listen to anyone else.
  • Due diligence is not being carried out.
  • And when a company has extremely good people working for them (good at what they do) the managers may develop the perception they have firm or full control of their responsibilities.
It's the last one that should frighten us the most.

Not only is it shockingly backwards.  It's as though the memory of how things work fades away in the shortest time span ever.

Employees are the ones at ground zero when management's convenient perception meets hard reality.

Employees then exit in confusion and disgust.  Their productivity fades to invisible.

I hope this doesn't happen where my employment is up in the air.  It's my firm belief we can stop this derailment by remembering our past.  We can put things back on track right at the point they were jumped.  Keep in mind a refusal to give up what we know and understand will be key to this.

The planet can not afford even the smallest deviation.

I personally have experienced all this.

But I'm fully expecting that when HR realizes what happened and asks even a single question...

Any house of falsehood built with suggestion will topple.

Invisible no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...