Saturday, May 15, 2021

Target

  About the blog

    I may be about to make myself a target.  The reason is there might be a simple - though unpleasant way - for other's to easily hear things they aren't supposed to technically hear or notice in St. Louis.  There's quite a bit of that going on depending on where you are.

   Sometimes it sounds like 1 or 2 people's voices talking.  That could be talking to you or to someone else.  Other times it's different sounds that would generally be considered tinnitus.  Those could be perceived as clicking or buzzing at different intervals, but can be rapid enough to make a tone.

   Either way, if it turns out to work and anyone can listen in on those things - and so be able to locate where they're occurring - it might be a problem.  And the thing to possibly enable this can be purchased online and inexpensively.

   Why a problem?

   Because the kind of things I hear don't have any value if someone consciously hears them.  Only when they're unconsciously heard - subliminally - do they have meaning and a purpose.

   What do I mean by that exactly?

   Well, here are some examples from one day earlier this year:

   So while on the topic of harassment....  I recently had a knock on the door and opened it to see 3 police officers standing outside.  Here's what I was told:
  • Someone didn't want to speak with me, so I was harassing this person by speaking to them.
  • Harassment was anything that affects a person's quality of life.
  • I was already considered guilty of harassing this person and the sentence handed down was not to speak to them ever again.
    • No exceptions were given.
   I didn't completely agree with what I was told and said as much.  Here's the part that really bothered me;

   When I didn't agree with what I was told and didn't agree not to speak with the person ever again, one of the officers asked for my name and phone number.  Not by asking "May I get your name and phone number?".  No, I was asked using a different format:
  • "What's your last name?"
  • "What's your first name?"
  • "What's your phone number?"
   I don't want to say it was done to be threatening or intimidating...

   But that's exactly what it seemed.

   And I have no interest in being a target.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...