Sunday, October 4, 2020

Anyone

   When the "schiozphrenia" I was experiencing was at it's peak I stumbled onto a phrase that caused it to back off.  It seemed to have been planted in my mind for exactly that purpose (I don't know why).  That was along with several other phrases that kept popping up that were unfamiliar to me.

  Just by vocalizing, subvocalizing, or thinking the phrase "is anyone there?" would give me up to several minutes of peace from what I was hearing.

   I find it difficult to believe that schizophrenia works this way.

   But I do know that hypnosis and post-hypnotic suggestion is capable of exactly that.

   Here's a few other phrases that seem to have been planted around the same time:

  • 'There's only one way through this.'
  • 'The only way is a brick to the face.'
  • 'So prove it.'
  • 'Joe is golden' (since I don't know that to be true the phrase might exist to cover someone's a$$)

   More recently I had the term "jackass" on my mind.  I'm not sure if it was planted or just naturally seemed the right label for whoever had gifted me with "schizophrenia".  That matters because but I only uttered the term a few times and only by myself in my own apartment.

   Guess what?

   A few weeks later someone tried to give me a lighter as a gift.  What made the gift suspect was it being a skull shaped lighter... that when lit made the song of a braying mule or donkey.

   You might be wondering if that sound effect was original to the lighter.

   I've been wondering the same thing.



The people I know with answers won't give them when asked.  So I have a few Questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...