Monday, September 28, 2020

Unreal

   There's more than 1 way to trick a person's senses into hearing or seeing something differently than it is.

   There are optical illusions for sight.

   There are audible illusions for hearing.

   Sound can be forward or backward masked so it's not consciously heard.

   Even normal audible sounds like people's voices can be made to seem like a mental illness.  Start with a little tinnitus in the right frequency range.  Then record voices or conversation but shift the audio into a range that's matched to the tinnitus.

   What happens?

   A person trying to listen through the tinnitus won't be able to locate a direction for the voices they're hearing.  Because of that the mind can end up not providing a direction at all.  Instead it's the person's head that can seem to be where the sound is originating.

   You might be wondering how I know that.

   Because it's being done as I type this now.  It's making what I hear almost impossible to tell from schizophrenia.

   The sound is being aimed at my windows from somewhere nearby.

   And this apartment is filled with the staticky hiss from RF.

   If I can get more shielding from the RF in place (trial and error but it works) then my hearing will return to normal again.  Once that happens the voices will go back to sounding like they're just outside the window.

   You might be wondering what the most disturbing thing the people doing this have said so far.  That would be:

   "I'm not real... You can talk to me."

   The people doing this are sick.

   I'm getting more and more certain that nothing can be done to help them.

   I seriously hope I have that backwards.



The people I know with answers won't give them when asked.  So I have a few Questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...