Saturday, September 12, 2020

Shells

    I have an acquaintance who doesn't have enough control over their own fate.  At least that seems to be what they think.  But that doesn't mean I can't understand the hand they've been dealt.  And it doesn't mean I won't have empathy for someone I consider a friend.

   Why do I believe this person wants more control?

   Because they attempt to wrest every possible measure of control from those around them.  I don't see a single aspect of their life that hasn't become a shell game to accomplish it.

   And they seem unable to stop.

   It's consuming this person and I get the impression it's also driving their unconscious to distraction.

   Each of us has a certain innate knowledge about unconscious minds.  The details around it get forgotten and overlooked but can explain a single individual or a group that includes everyone:

  • Our unconscious minds are trusting (if you're familiar with hypnosis you get that).
  • Our unconscious minds always tell the truth (there may be exceptions though)
  • Our unconscious minds are infinitely patient (and experience time differently due to the scale of what they do)

   The problems our conscious minds must master are ones of Control, selfishness, and Empathy.

   I'll simplify and rephrase that.

   Selfishness is the root of all evil.



The people I know with answers won't give them when asked.  So I have a few Questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...