Friday, September 11, 2020

Plates

    My vehicle tags are expired.  They're been expired for awhile.  I'm waiting on a replacement title so I can correct that and it's completely my own fault.

   The natural consequence to having expired tags and no valid license plates?

   That would be 3 tickets so far.  Each left on my windshield.

   It's entirely my own fault.

   Last night I was driving on a street downtown when an officer pulled me over.

   Just to be perfectly clear I'm listing a few things:

  • The officer was doing his job.
  • The officer was not harassing me.
  • The officer was polite and professional.
  • The officer asked for my license and insurance.
   Of course things stopped making sense when I showed the officer my insurance.

   Even though I'd forgotten to update the vehicle on the policy (which the officer pointed out) and the make was listed as Subaru....  the officer seemed to already know that.

   Why do I think he already knew that?

   Because when he saw my policy, Mr. Recht said "that's for the Subaru".

   I wanted to re-frame the situation to show how it implied familiarity but I don't know Officer Recht's first name.  So I'll explain the things I might expect a complete stranger who's also a police officer to say:
  • "Is that the right insurance policy?"
  • "Why is the vehicle on that policy different from this one?"
  • "Is this your vehicle?"
   People I know usually referred to it as the BRZ anyway.



The people I know with answers won't give them when asked.  So I have a few Questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...