Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Tinnitus

    I've been having an on-again off-again problem with tinnitus for awhile now.  There's a high pitched squeal/whine that fills my apartment (it's occurring now) and cuts right through my ability to concentrate and think.  I call it harassment.

   Right after the squeal/whine fades is when I notice the tinnitus.

   The tone and pitch of it almost exactly matches it from somewhere else.  My previous car.  It seemed to be from the center of the dashboard.

   No, I didn't enjoy long drives anymore when it started.

   Several months back I was using a cheap $8 RF meter to try and locate the source(s).  What I found were RF signals (no details other than the meter beeped) from my doorknobs, about the center of each doorway (the frames and doors are metal), and the back of a chair.  All of them metal.

   Except they shouldn't be giving off RF by themselves.

   And I couldn't find anything in my apartment to explain it.

   At one point I was holding the RF meter when I realized it was (very softly) squealing/whining exactly like I had been hearing all over the place.  The meter wasn't registering a signal but it was still making that noise.

   There were electronics and parts all over the place creating multiple sources.   And that sound isn't easy for me to narrow down in an apartment.  I don't know how many there are now but I need to count.  Does anything with a circuit board make a particular sound when hit with RF?

   I'm more concerned with whose been aiming an RF signal at me all this time.

   [Update:  I found a free Android phone app that shows an RF signal in my apartment.  It's strongest in my bathroom for some reason (might be the Thrall) and the living room around my couch.

    Right after this post I could swear I heard a woman's voice in my apartment say 'I'll take away everything you hold dear".  Maybe she manufactures tinnitus.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...