Sunday, August 30, 2020

Proximity

    I fully realize i'm about to seem paranoid.  Worse than that it's probably going to involve finger pointing.  Which means if I'm wrong I'll be accusing someone that's only guilty of bad timing.

   If you've skimmed over the post [name here] you're aware my cell phone took on extracurricular activities at some point.  I probably forgot to mention this was the root cause of nearly all the weird things I've experienced.

   And it has been going on since the very beginning (I don't know how much time has passed now).

   If you're asking how that was possible for this long...  I don't blame you.  At some point I'll make an attempt to elaborate.

   But on this one occasion while driving I felt a sensation across my back (will just call it strange for now).  My first reaction was to look around the vicinity for the cause.  There were 2 vehicles on the road behind me.

   One kept driving and passed me without hesitation.

   The other stayed back a couple thousand feet and paced me.

   For some reason I don't have an answer for my awareness was shifted to my cellphones in the car at the same moment I realized the car behind me was keeping it's distance.  Actually I misspoke.  I knew the car still behind me was related and knew it was keeping it's distance at the same moment I became aware of the cellphones.

    That makes no sense and can't be possible on it's own (I didn't realize that would need further explaining when I typed it... oops).

   But my reaction was to change lanes and slow down so the vehicle would pass me.

   Except it was pretty clear they did  not want to pass me.

   Not even when I slowed to 15 mph in a 35 mph.

   I would have stopped my car and parked it in the street at that point but they started to speed back up and passed me.

   I added the license plate number to the handful noted from similar circumstances, saw the vehicle was a BMW SUV, and went on.

   It was either that same night or the following night someone broke curfew that won't be named (it was me) to get an ice cream bar from a convenience store.

   As I drove passed the entrance I normally take to the apartment complex I saw a vehicle parked 50 feet farther down with it's headlights on and engine running (it was about 11:30 pm should it ever matter).

   The shape was familiar but it didn't register as being the same make and model until I already drove passed, stopped, and backed up until I could see the rear license plates.

   Sorry to make this post a long one but I had the strong feeling I was looking at the very same vehicle again.   It's not a vehicle made once and never again.  It's not the most rare vehicle on the road.  I don't know how many are driven in our area.

   But if it's ever important I can provide both license plate numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...