Friday, August 28, 2020

Charge

-    Our phones aren't exactly being honest with us.  If you have an iPhone you're already more than aware of this though.

Relevant link: https://9to5mac.com/2020/07/13/iphone-throttling-lawsuit-payment/

   But that's not what I'm referring to.  Even Android phones will count down to 0% charge then shut down with there being quite a bit of charge remaining.

   Why does that matter?

   Because our phone's can still be used to do... other things... even when they show no charge and are powered off.

   Remember the post about Vehicles?

   I was hearing things while driving that weren't road noise or wind.  One of the things I tried doing while driving was to turn the phone off and on.

   What did that accomplish?

   I found out there was a maybe a minute or 2 after turning off the phone where I stopped hearing those extra things.  Could only hear road noise and wind for that brief period of time.

   Then there seemed to be a hand off and the phone operated regardless.

   Why did those extra things I was hearing stop?  What was the phone up to then?

   That's the only thing I can tell you for sure.

   For that minute or 2 the phone actually wasn't doing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...