Saturday, February 13, 2021

Combatant

About the blog 

   I may be about to get designated an "Enemy Combatant".  At least that's the phrase I've been hearing more and more often when at home and places nearby.

   You might first be wondering how I'm "hearing" something like that.

   My best answer for the moment is...  I have some idea but it's not important at the moment.  It's being saved for a future post.

   Hopefully now you're back to wondering about the term itself.

   It doesn't sound like something a person would want to be called.  Having no idea why someone would think it necessary to pass along doesn't help either.

   There's also the matter of what type of battle/war is going on without participants being aware.

   It's difficult to picture a fight without (at minimum) 2 sides involved.  If I'm on one side then the other side seems to be nameless or simply doesn't exist.  There's a lot going on here that feels backwards.

   For reference, here's some examples of what (I'm pretty confident) was heard.

  • 'If you don't stop what you're doing we're gonna have you declared an enemy combatant.'
  • 'Do you want to get called an enemy combatant?  Because that's what's going to happen.'
   I'm still looking for a form or paperwork to fill out if I'd like to return the designation.

   So far I don't know of any.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...