Thursday, October 22, 2020

Air

About the blog

   The apartment directly above mine must be filling with water.  I might just have that backwards and it's air that's needed instead.

   Periodically a thumping noise like a sump pump running will turn on for a few seconds (that just happened again - 10/22/2020 12:05 PM - as I finished taking a bath).  I might also have the type of pump backwards.  Is there such a thing as an attic pump?

   For awhile now I've had Bluetooth on my mind.  Not because it's a huge security issue (more like nightmare) for phones and computers.  And not even because it's broadcast such that anyone within range can "listen in".  It's because on many iPhones it's automatically re-enabled when the phone is turned on.

   Whether the phone's owner explicitly turned it off or not.

   Supposedly that's a feature and intentional.

   I seriously doubt it should be either of those.

   It's difficult to avoid wondering if some kind of agreement was overreached for the phone to behave this way.

   For awhile I was using an Android app to scan for Bluetooth devices around my apartment.  Strangely enough I found one with enough information available to look it up online.

   Who would be using a gas spectrograph in an apartment?

   There must be a reason to check for different gases.

   Otherwise that kind of device would never be interpreted as a threat.

   Hopefully it's not connected to the vent in my bathroom.

   Do gas spectrographs have human noses?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deterrence

"Illustration" courtesy of:  https://www.craiyon.com "walmart " "Self check-out" registers or kiosks can be fo...